About Me

My photo
Dr Mariheca Otto Director B.Com (Hons: Industrial Psychology and Sociology), HED, M.Com and PhD in Business Management Dr Mariheca Otto is the face behind the Motto brand. She has delivered papers at conferences such as the ICCM, hosted by the Industrial Psychology Department of Stellenbosch University, and the South African Institute of Management Scientists' (SAIMS) annual conferences. Her research is not only published in academic publications, but also in newspaper articles. She has lecturing experience. She also has consulting and management experience in local government and various service industries. Staff related issues is her chosen field of expertise because she believes this is an organisation's number one tool to increase staff performance which generally results in increased profits.

Thursday, November 29, 2012



 
Finding your voice
 
 
I woke up early today, realising that this is it, I have to do it now. I have to start writing, blogging now.
 
This whole week I have been without a voice. For someone that makes a living through (mostly) talking, or as my husband would say “telling people what to do”, for the rest of us “consulting”, not having a voice is tough.
 
On Monday morning in the yoga class I realised why I have been losing my voice every now and then this year. The yoga teacher spoke about the blue chakra, the vocal cords one. When I spoke to her after the class she asked: “What is it you are not saying? Or what do you want to say?”
The reality is that I have had all the excuses possible not to speak out – not wanting to judge, or not wanting to insult, just being too busy. When you know what you have to do, know what your purpose is, and you are scared, there are loads of excuses you can have.
 
My voice has been so desperate to come out, my purpose so keen to be realised, that in my case my body has forced me to finally start doing it. The fact that the rest of my family is sleeping and that I was forced to get up because I have been coughing so badly that my husband and sick baby could not sleep either, was just a bi-product of my resistance.
 
This blogging journey is about helping others finding and then living their purpose - realising your personal vision. It is about moving through the fear, eliminating the obstacles in your way, and equipping yourself to live your best life.
 
The individual assessment tool on our website shows you which areas in your personal development is currently holding you back in doing all of this. I do this test often and am always amazed at what I was not seeing, and what the results confirm. I look forward to walking this path with you on your journey of self development.


http://www.motto.za.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9:latest-news-1&catid=10:contributor&Itemid=101

No comments:

Post a Comment